Opulentus - Leader in Immigration

Opulentus, the name etched in golden letters in the immigration industry has helped many to realize the dream of immigration of all potential aspirants. Established its business lines in 2001, Opulentus has carved a niche for itself in the immigration industry by dispensing quality yet timely immigration services to its clients.

know more
A Schengen visa (or short stay visa) is valid within the whole Schengen space. The following countries are part of the Schengen space: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.

This visa allows you to travel to these 25 countries. It is issued for a maximum of 90 days per semester.

You will be able to submit your documents accurately. This will reduce the risk of your application being rejected due to inadequate or faulty submission of documents.
This visa can be valid between one and five years and entitles its holder to make several trips to France and to the Schengen space for a maximum stay of 90 days per period of 6 months. This type of visa is issued to people who make frequent trips to France.

If you are planning a trip to several Schengen countries, you have to submit your visa application to the Embassy or Consulate of the country in which you intend to stay for the longest period. In case the period of stay is the same in all the countries to be visited, the visa will be issued by the Embassy or the Consulate of the country where you would be entering first.

This visa is issued for business purposes with a maximum duration of 90 days.


If you are a frequent traveller and wish to apply for a long term validity visa, you can ask for it in the covering letter. The decision to grant a circulation visa remains with the French Consulate.

In accordance with the guidelines of the European Union, any Schengen visa application has to be accompanied by a payment of visa fees.
The fees (Processing + Visa) are to be paid to VFS on the day the application is being submitted. They are not refundable whether a visa is granted or refused.
Schengen visa: 60 Euros (as per current exchange rate) + Processing fees

Visas for overseas territories: 9 Euros (as per current exchange rate) + Processing fees

As of 1st June 2009, holders of long stay visas for France (3 months +) will be exempted from applying for a residence permit (carte de sejour) at the Prefecture after their arrival in France.

Beneficiaries of the reform

  • foreign dependents of French Nationals
  • visitors
  • students
  • employees
  • temporary workers
As holder of a long stay visa, you no longer need to apply for a residence permit at the Prefecture. The applicant must enclose with his application a document called « attestation OFII » that will have to be posted by registered mail to the local “Delegation territoriale de l’OFII” within three months of arrival in France - Addresses can be found at the back of the Attestation OFII or online at website of the OFII. Note that this registration process is compulsory and non-compliance will result in the person being considered illegal by the French Authorities. Holders of one of these visas are allowed to travel in all Schengen States for a period of stay up to 3 months within the validity of the visa. Visa processing time will be about one week (depending on nationality and purpose of stay).
All visa applicants except those fewer than 12 years will be required to submit all ten electronic fingerprint impressions. At the time of the visa interview, applicants will be asked to electronically scan all five fingers of each hand.
Your visa sticker will have the validity of the visa and the number of days that you can stay in Schengen countries. Say your visa is valid for a month with duration as 10 days. This means that within one month you can stay up to 10 days only. You must leave the country before the visa expires / duration of your stay. A short stay visa permits you to stay for not more than 90 days.
 A one year visa entitles you to stay up to 90 days once in six months.

If you wish to stay in France for more than 90 days (as a student, on employment, for research purposes etc) then you need to apply for a long stay visa (D type visa). If you wish to take short trips to France within the year (on business purposes etc.) then you need to apply for a short stay visa with longer validity. The decision to grant a longer validity visa lies with the French Embassy / Consulate.

You are encouraged to apply for your long stay student visa at the earliest. You can apply for your visa about two months prior to the commencement of your course. Please ensure you get the No Objection Certificate from an Education Attache (Officer) before submitting your application.

Since the 1st of June 2009, long stay visa holders are allowed to reside in France for up to 12 months according to the validity of their visa and purpose of stay. They will no longer be required to obtain a residence permit ("carte de séjour") from the French local authorities ("Préfecture") as long as their visa is valid.

However, long stay visa holders will have to register with the French Office of Immigration and Integration (OFII) within the first three months of their stay in France.

Skills and Expertise residence card (La carte “Compétences et Talents”) is a temporary permit, valid for up to three years at a time on a renewable basis, enabling the holder to perform a salaried or business activity in France. It is designed for foreign nationals who have the potential to make a significant enduring contribution to economic development, particularly in intellectual, scientific, cultural, humanitarian or sporting fields in France and their native country. This permit also enables employees to work and/or executives to register their project with the Companies Register (Registre du commerce et des sociétés).

The criteria are defined by the “Commission Nationale des Compétences et Talents”, which meets in France at least twice a year.

The applicant must submit a credible professional project meeting the criteria set forth by the National Commission.

The applicant must supply proof that he/she is in every way capable of carrying out this project.

The application will be accepted/rejected based on:

  • the project’s interest/quality
  • the applicant’s motivation/commitment
  • the applicant’s skills and qualifications
  • the means to carry out the project.
  • University graduates
  • Qualified professionals, regardless of their level of education
  • Investors in an economic project
  • Independent professionals such as artists, authors, athletes, etc.
  • Senior manager and high level executives employed by a French company that is part of an international group.
Tuition fees for French universities and colleges vary between 3,000 to 10,000 annually. Visa fee charged by Austria is INR 3571. INR 8500 has to be deposited in the BNP France Bank to get visa approval for French studies. Living Expense can be up to 500 Euros per month.
France is the world's sixth largest economy due to educational system's quality and the national capacity for research and innovation. France has a major presence in the modern world and is a huge contributor in the fields of arts, science, architecture, fashion, technology, politics, philosophy, trade, archeology and economics. Hence, the popular courses are MBA, Art and design and IT.
Cost of study depends on course, it's duration and University opted for.
Three kinds of student visas available, depending upon the length of studies in France: Schengen Visa, Temporary long stay visa & One year visa
French education system is very different in the whole world. You will have to apply to universities and let them decide on the applicability of your previous academic background and experience to the course you are interested to study in.
Visa processing time depends on embassy but the minimum time should be prior to 3 months of journey.
To obtain a residence permit entitling you to work, your prospective employer must contact the DIRECCTE (regional directorate of enterprises, competition, consumption, labour and employment) in their place of residence in order to carry out the necessary formalities. Once these are completed, a long-stay visa may be issued to you.
If you do not have the supporting documents required to enter France, you are likely to be stopped on entry by the French border police.
In order to live reasonably well in France, students need a budget of between ? 650 and ? 850per month (between $880 and $1,150). This amount covers housing, food, leisure, etc. For foreign students, a minimum amount of available funds is required (â?¬430 per month for the 2009-2010 academic year).For further information, contact the Consulate of France in your country.
French universities offer three levels of degree: the license (completed in three years), the master (requiring an additional two years) and the doctorate (usually an additional three years). Master’s degrees are classified as either ‘research’ (designed for those intending to progress to a doctorate) or ‘professional’ (for those intending to enter the workplace).
Living costs are higher in Paris than elsewhere in France. Campus France recommends a monthly budget of €1,000 for students in Paris, and €800 for those outside the capital.
France's public universities offer higher education at a very low cost, with only nominal fees charged. Rates for each year are set nationally, with the same low fees charged to both domestic and international students. As of 2014-15, annual rates are €189.10 for licence programs, €261.10 for master’s programs, €396.10 for doctoral programs and €615.10.

Whereas for private institutions, fees are significantly higher, though still fairly modest in a global context. Private fees are likely to be in the range of €3,000 to €10,000 (US$3,200-10,900) per year, though leading business schools may charge up to €30,000.
In order to stay on and work in France after graduating, you’ll need to apply for a change of residency status; this can be done via the local prefecture once an offer of employment has been received and accepted. Alternatively, international students graduating at master’s level or above can seek permission to extend their student residence permits for up to a year. During this time they can work for up to 60% of the legal working week without applying for a change of status, unless their earnings exceed 150% of the minimum wage (€9.61 per hour as of January 2015); if this is the case they must apply for full-time employment status.
France being open and warm to all cultures can be as snug as home. Students can start working here during their study also. International students are entitled to work part time up to 20 hours a week off campus. The minimum guaranteed salary in France as per the government legislation is €8.71 per hour.
Mostly the GMAT may be required for the MBAs and certain other management programmes (there are several MBAs that also accept without the GMAT score. GRE is definitely not required).

Most institutes are comfortable with the level of English and do not necessarily ask for a TOEFL or IELTS (some exceptions exist, especially if they cannot ascertain the level of linguistic competence of the student in a telephonic interview). If the course is in French then a standard test like the DELF, TCF or DALF may be asked. The TCF is hosted by all the Alliances in the month of February

receive latest news and updates via email

Subscribe With Us

Hi! How can we help you?

Click below button to start chat

Chat Icon
chat icon